TEx@ATA, ATA’s online gallery, showcases contemporary tapestry from artists around the world. Curators present the work of tapestry artists whose work refers to an over-arching concept. Two or three exhibitions are mounted each year, each one exploring a unique thread of contemporary tapestry production.
ATA is soliciting proposals for the TEx Gallery. Guidelines for these shows include the following:
- Each exhibition will be designed and titled by the person(s) submitting the proposal (the Curator(s)).
- The Curator(s) will communicate with the Web Gallery Coordinator and one ATA Board Member.
- The exhibition may take the following form:
- Solo Show. A solo show will focus on the work of one artist with a minimum of four and a maximum of fifteen tapestries.
- Group Show. A group show will include a minimum of two artists and a maximum of ten artists with between ten and twenty-five tapestries.
- The Curator(s) will choose the artists, the artworks, and the text(s) that will comprise the exhibition.
- The Curator(s) will submit one or more statements or essays describing the purpose of the exhibition, the reason why the artist(s) were chosen, and any other information that might convey the conceptual, social and/or artistic context of the artworks included.
- The exhibitions will comprise works by artists who either employ the techniques of handwoven tapestry or reference the medium conceptually. Submissions including work that stretches the traditional definition of tapestry are welcomed. If an artist also works in another medium, the Curator(s) may include a maximum of two non-woven works per artist or five non-woven works in a group show.
- ATA will devise a layout appropriate for the exhibition and submit the design to the Curator(s) for approval.
- Each exhibition will be online for a period of approximately three months.
- Each aspect of the show (artwork, texts, etc.) will be reviewed for suitability.
Approval of the show proposal depends on the quality of the overall concept and quality of the proposed exhibition. Curator(s) will be notified within two months of submittal.
Please submit proposals in printed form or via email in .pdf format, including Curator(s) name(s), exhibition title, a brief statement explaining the focus of the exhibition and 2- 3 sample images of representative quality (.jpg or .gif format at between 300dpi and 150dpi) to:
401 East 8th St.
Moscow, ID 83843