Archive for 2020
Any college students studying tapestry looking for a scholarship award? Check out ATA’s International Student Award. Deadline is April 15! Read more here.
Curious about preparing your work for exhibition? The Association of Northwest Weavers’ Guild is hosting a Tapestry Study day on April 4, 2020, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Mac Market, 1140 NE Alpine Ave, McMinnville, OR 97128. Sign up to not only learn best practices of preparing your work for exhibition, but also experience an intimate encounter with the work of Margaret Kilbuck Johansen. Read more here.
Visit ATA on Instagram and follow 7 tapestry weavers between January 20th-January 26th and learn about Weaving Small. Comment on any of the posts each day to have a chance of winning any of the following 23 prizes:
- One of five mini Hello Looms
- Rebecca Mezoff’s online Mini Looms course
- A three-month subscription to the online textile school School Of Sweet Georgia
- One of five Hokett Tiny Turned Beaters
- A wooden loom, fiber pack and a $30 gift certificate to Pine Rose Fiber
- One of five free entries into American Tapestry Alliance’s Renditions 2020, ATA’s 13th international, unjuried, small format exhibition
- One of five free one-year memberships to American Tapestry Alliance
To increase your chances of winning follow ATA’s Instagram @americantapestryalliance #TapestryMediaTour between January 20th-26th and comment on each of the 7 stops, i.e., daily posts, featuring each of the weavers below:
- January 20 Rebecca Mezoff @rebeccamezofftapestry
- January 21 Sarah Swett @sarahcswett
- January 22 Bridget Fletcher @bridgetcetera
- January 23 Patti Kirch @pattikart
- January 24 Claudia Chase @mirrixlooms
- January 25 Kathe Todd-Hooker @kathetoddhooker
- January 26 Janna Vallee @everlea_yarn
Three winners will be chosen at random from the comments at each stop.