13th International, unjuried small format tapestry exhibition
Renditions 2020 is open to all weavers. We invite entries which fit traditional definitions of tapestry as well as those that expand upon the core principles of the medium exploring new techniques and processes. Multimedia work is welcome and encouraged! Renditions 2020 will be exhibited in Knoxville, Tennessee during the summer of 2020. The entry form and an image of the tapestry is due March 31, 2020.
- The tapestry may not exceed 10″ x 10″ x 1″ deep (25cm x 25cm x 2.5cm).
- Participants may submit only one piece.
- Group entries are encouraged.
- Work must be original, executed by the entrant and not shown in a prior ATA show.
- All entries must be ready to install with hanging devices as described in the Mounting Instructions document.
- Your tapestry must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Each artist (or group) is responsible for the cost of shipping to the Exhibition Committee.
- Return shipping (no insurance) is covered in the entry fee.
- International entries must include a Customs Shipping form.
- Please send single tapestries in a padded envelope. Group Challenge members may ship their tapestries in one strong reusable box.
- All participants will receive a catalog.
- Artists must provide an image of their tapestry for the catalog according to the specifications detailed below.
- Catalogs will be sent to the participants, along with their tapestry, at the end of the show.
- This show is often hung in non-traditional gallery spaces. Because of this, insurance during the run of the show cannot be guaranteed. ATA will do everything in its power to insure the safety of your tapestry. All tapestries will be wired to display boards to prevent theft. However, liability insurance during the show is the responsibility of the artist.
- Submission of artwork constitutes permission for ATA to reproduce images of the submitted tapestries for publicity and promotional purposes, including the internet.
- The entry form and an image of the tapestry is due March 31, 2020.
- Photograph your tapestry on a neutral background, preferably white, unless your tapestry is white or very pale, in which case photograph it on a middle value gray background.
- Do not crop the image. Approximately 1/2 inch of the background must be visible.
- Digital image specifications: jpeg, 300 dpi and no more than 3” on the longest side.
- Title your file with your last name followed by the title of the tapestry, e.g. Doe_Misty Morning.jpg
If you are unsure how to achieve the image specifications, please ask for help from a knowledgeable friend.