The Biggest Little Tapestries in the World!
12th international, unjuried small format tapestry exhibition
The Biggest Little Tapestries in the World! is open to all weavers. We invite entries which fit more traditional definitions of tapestry, and also entries that expand upon the core principles of the medium as they explore new techniques and processes. Multimedia work is welcome. The Biggest Little Tapestries in the World! will hang at the Northwest Reno Public Library, 2325 Robb Drive. The entry form (intent to participate) is due February 15, 2018. The tapestry, and an image of the tapestry is due March 31, 2018.
- The tapestry may not exceed 10″ x 10″ x 1″ deep (25cm x 25cm x 2.5cm).
- Participants may submit only one piece.
- Group entries are encouraged.
- Work must be original, executed by the entrant and not shown in a prior ATA show.
- All entries must be ready to install with hanging devices as described in the Mounting Instructions document.
- Your tapestry must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Each artist (or group) is responsible for the cost of shipping to the Exhibition Committee.
- Return shipping (no insurance) is covered in the entry fee.
- Please send single tapestries in a padded envelope. Group Challenge members may ship their tapestries in one strong reusable box.
- All participants will receive a catalog.
- Artists must provide an image of their tapestry for the catalog.
- Catalogs will be sent to the participants, along with their tapestry, at the end of the show.
- This show is often hung in non-traditional gallery spaces. Because of this, insurance during the run of the show cannot be guaranteed. ATA will do everything in its power to insure the safety of your tapestry. All tapestries will be wired to display boards to prevent theft. However, liability insurance during the show is the responsibility of the artist.
- Submission of artwork constitutes permission for ATA to reproduce images of the submitted tapestries for publicity and promotional purposes, including the internet.
- The entry form (intent to participate) is due February 15, 2018.
- The tapestry, and an image of the tapestry is due March 31, 2018.
- Photograph your tapestry on a neutral background, preferably white, unless your tapestry is white or very pale, in which case photograph it on a middle value gray background.
- Do not crop the Image. Approximately 1/2 inch of the background must be visible.
- Digital image specifications: jpeg, 300 dpi and no more than 3” on the longest side.
- Title your file with your last name followed by the title of the tapestry, e.g. Doe_Misty Morning.jpg
If you are unsure how to achieve the image specifications, please ask for help from a knowledgeable friend.