13th International, unjuried small format tapestry exhibition
Renditions 2020 is open to all weavers. We invite entries which fit traditional definitions of tapestry as well as those that expand upon the core principles of the medium exploring new techniques and processes. Multimedia work is welcome and encouraged! Renditions 2020 will be exhibited at Broadway Studios and Gallery, 1127 N. Broadway, Knoxville, Tennessee during the summer of 2020. Please note that all tapestries must be RECEIVED by March 31, 2020 in addition to the entry form and an image of the tapestry. All entries must be submitted via this form.
- Tapestries must be RECEIVED by entry deadline of March 31, 2020. In addition, please submit the entry form and an image of the tapestry by March 31, 2020. Shipping address is located on Mounting Instructions.
- The tapestry may not exceed 10″ x 10″ x 1″ deep (25cm x 25cm x 2.5cm).
- Participants may submit only one piece.
- Group entries are encouraged.
- Work must be original, executed by the entrant and not shown in a prior ATA show.
- All entries must be ready to install with hanging devices as described in the Mounting Instructions document.
- Your tapestry must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Each artist (or group) is responsible for the cost of shipping to the Exhibition Committee.
- Return shipping (no insurance) is covered in the entry fee.
- International entries must include a Customs Shipping form.
- Please send single tapestries in a padded envelope, not a box.
- Group Challenge participants can send their entries individually or as a group. Either way, be sure to mark your tapestry with the Group Challenge name, as indicated in the Mounting Instructions.
- When sending a Group Challenge entry individually, please ship your tapestry in a padded envelope, not a box.
- If members of a group choose to combine their entries in a single shipment, please put them in a box that will be strong enough to survive the round trip.
- All participants will receive a catalog.
- Artists must provide an image of their tapestry for the catalog according to the specifications detailed below.
- Catalogs will be sent to the participants, along with their tapestry, at the end of the show.
- This show is often hung in non-traditional gallery spaces. Because of this, insurance during the run of the show cannot be guaranteed. ATA will do everything in its power to insure the safety of your tapestry. All tapestries will be wired to display boards to prevent theft. However, liability insurance during the show is the responsibility of the artist.
- Submission of artwork constitutes permission for ATA to reproduce images of the submitted tapestries for publicity and promotional purposes, including the internet.
- Photograph your tapestry on a neutral background, preferably white, unless your tapestry is white or very pale, in which case photograph it on a middle value gray background.
- Do not crop the image. Approximately 1/2 inch of the background must be visible.
- Digital image specifications: jpeg, 300 dpi and no more than 3” on the longest side.
- Title your file with your last name and first name followed by the title of the tapestry, e.g. Doe_Jane_Misty Morning.jpg
If you are unsure how to achieve the image specifications, please ask for help from a knowledgeable friend.