Renditions 2020: 13th International, unjuried small format tapestry exhibition
Due to COVID-19, Renditions 2020 will no longer be exhibited at Broadway Studios and Gallery, but rather via an online exhibition on ATA’s website. If you have sent in your tapestries, do not worry! We will keep them safe until our volunteers can return them without jeopardizing their own well being. Details to follow!
Renditions 2020 is open to all weavers. We invite entries which fit traditional definitions of tapestry as well as those that expand upon the core principles of the medium exploring new techniques and processes. Multimedia work is welcome and encouraged!
- Tapestry images and entry forms must be RECEIVED by entry deadline of March 31, 2020.
- The tapestry may not exceed 10″ x 10″ x 1″ deep (25cm x 25cm x 2.5cm).
- Participants may submit only one piece.
- Group entries are encouraged.
- Work must be original, executed by the entrant and not shown in a prior ATA show.
- All participants will receive a catalog.
- Artists must provide an image of their tapestry for the catalog according to the specifications detailed below.
- Catalogs will be sent to the participants.
- Submission of artwork constitutes permission for ATA to reproduce images of the submitted tapestries for publicity and promotional purposes, including the internet.
- Photograph your tapestry on a neutral background, preferably white, unless your tapestry is white or very pale, in which case photograph it on a middle value gray background.
- Do not crop the image. Approximately 1/2 inch of the background must be visible.
- Digital image specifications: jpeg, 300 dpi and no more than 3” on the longest side.
- Title your file with your last name and first name followed by the title of the tapestry, e.g. Doe_Jane_Misty Morning.jpg
If you are unsure how to achieve the image specifications, please ask for help from a knowledgeable friend.