ATA has a wide variety of programs and our website is full of useful information. It can be hard to digest it all as a new member. This short list of resources is offered as an introduction.
ATA’s Mentoring Program
List of Tapestry Instructors
List of Tapestry Weaving Supplies
- Noel Bennett, “Working with the Wool: How to Weave a Navajo Rug”
- Peter Collingwood, “The Techniques of Rug Weaving” (Also available here: http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/ (Click on ‘books’ and go to Collingwood; the book is in 4-5 PDF files. Download all to get the entire book.)
- Kirsten Glasbrook, “Tapestry Weaving”
- Nancy Harvey, “Tapestry Weaving: A Comprehensive Study Guide”
- Shirley Held, “Weaving: A Handbook of the Fiber Arts”
- Kathe Todd-Hooker, “Tapestry 101”
- Carol Russell, “The Tapestry Handbook”
- Joanne Soroka, “Tapestry Weaving: Design and Technique”
Click here, then click on Videos in the Table of Contents.
ATA has an email list for members to talk about whatever interests them. This is a great place to ask questions. You can sign up to participate here: https://pairlist7.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/ata-talk. Or email the list manager, Christine Laffer, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to see a full listing of ATA’s programs, click here.